This post was written as GoodEggFoodie.com. Please excuse any wonky formatting. Visit the homepage SHE-EATS.com for the latest, shiny new content.
Once again the slow cooker is saving dinner in our house!
I had to make this twice to get it right. The first time I used equal amounts honey and wholegrain mustard. It was at once too sweet and too grainy. Less honey, different mustards and the addition of garlic give it a more rounded savoury flavour.
I add a touch of stock to the bottom of the pan for two reasons: a) so the honey doesn’t catch and make a washing up nightmare and b) mixed with the cooking juice you have a ready made sauce to spoon over your meal. Just make sure it isn’t covering your chicken you just want it to just cover the bottom.
Just a note about your chicken thighs. Mine had both the skin and bone on – but the boned version will work just as well.
Slow Cooker Honey Mustard Chicken
- I packet chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic- grated or finely sliced
- 100-200ml chicken stock
What you do
- In a bowl mix together the honey, mustards and garlic
- Add your chicken and mix well with your clean hands to ensure all the meat is covered
- Pour just enough hot stock into your slow cooker so that the bottom is just covered
- Add the chicken and any of the honey mustard sauce left in the bowl
- Lid on. Cook on low for 6-8 hours
- Spoon over the ‘pan’ juices when serving