The rabbit was particularly tasty; you can see how I did it here.
This week’s menu was decided in the main by a trip to Red Bank Farm Shop in Newton le Willows. So we’re heavy on the meat this week, particularly chicken, but it’s all delicious so I’m ok with it.
Main meals for this week- in no order!
- Slow cooker pork shoulder– I’ve not decided how to flavour it yet, but there are carrots and parsnips waiting to be roasted and served with this. There will be plenty for lunch the following days on wraps.
- Chicken with sage and onion – stuffed chicken breasts from Red Bank ready to pop in the oven.
- Rib eye steak – we don’t eat steak all that often at home so these giants from the farmshop are a real treat.
- Satay chicken – I’m going to make a smooth satay sauce and serve with chai spiced rice
- Veg stir fry with coriander omelette strips – need a day off meat at some point!
- Bac ha chicken – the recipe for this Vietnamese dish is in the current issue of Delicious. It is really easy and has masses of taste.
I’ve only planned six meals –I need to drive into Manchester one night to do a recce to find the building where I’ll be studying when I start my post grad in a couple of weeks. So I think we’ll have tea out that night.
It’s also cake club on Saturday so there is a strong chance I won’t be able to eat afterwards and hubby will be on freezer food!
Have a great week, eat well!
This post is part of the ‘meal planning Monday’ linky brought to us by At Home With Mrs M.