I started doing these posts at the start of the year, then trailed off when life got busy.
I can’t promise there will be one each week, but I am trying to get my bum into gear as they are great way to keep in touch!
Had a bit of a health shock this week, so I am taking a good look at what we eat. Instead of buying processed cooked meats for sandwiches or salad at lunch, I’ve bought a whole piece of gammon which I can cook easily, and will last most of the week. Not only is it cheaper, I know what’s in it. I am also going easy on meat this week in evening meals but we’re getting the fish in us instead.
We’re also finally getting round to cooking from Ottolenghi’s Jerusalem this week. I got it over a year ago- oops!
So I’ve got six meals planned this week. As always, I’ve no idea what order they’ll appear in!
- Chilli two ways – mine will be veg and beans, Andrew’s will be minced beef. I love bean chilli but alas I can’t turn Andrew onto beans or most pulses
- Pepper and onion stew – a variation on a River Cottage recipe. I might have it with smoked haddock or a poached egg. The last time I made it I over did the paprika and couldn’t eat it. Gutted
- Barley risotto with feta – a Jerusalem recipe which I am going to tackle. I’ve seen lots of barley risotto recipes but never made one yet
- Pizza- home made. Not sure what to top with yet but I do have some mini mozzarella and a hankering for anchovies!
- Salad – with jacket potatoes and homemade mackerel pate
- Prawns, scallops and feta – Andrew’s attempt at Ottolenghi. It should have clams as well but there’s no time to make a trip to Bolton Market so we’ll have it without
Have a good week, whatever you’re doing!
This post is part of the ‘meal planning Monday’ linky brought to us by At Home With Mrs M. Check it
Say hi to me on Twitter Follow my pins Follow me on Instagram