This post was written as GoodEggFoodie.com. Please excuse any wonky formatting. Visit the homepage SHE-EATS.com for the latest, shiny new content.
Another day, another meal around courgettes! Only a small amount of the rainbow chard I planted came good so last night I decided it might as well get used. I’d been planning a courgette and feta pie but decided on a few other additions to liven it up. The chard worked really well- I cooked the stalks with the other veg and added the leaves near the end, as you would with spinach.
Garlic and fresh and dried thyme added tonnes of extra flavour.
It was a well stuffed pie and surprisingly filling, thanks to all the cheese no doubt! It is also delicious cold.
Courgette, chard and feta pie
As always with me, quantities are based on what’s to hand when I make it so please use as guidance only and go wild with your veggie choices.
NB- I kept the chopping chunky with the veg.
- 1 large courgette, chopped
- 1 large handful of chard, washed well (I had an earwig incident!), stalks chopped and large leaves shredded roughly
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic (I used more built understand we’re freaky), grated or finely sliced
- Fresh and/or dry thyme
- 170g feta
- Packet of filo pastry
- Melted butter
Preheat your oven to 220c.
- Chop all of your veggies.
- Add the onions to a pan (use butter or olive oil) and soften for a couple of minutes.
- Add the courgette and chard stems along with the garlic and continue to cook for about five minutes.
- Add the thyme and drop the chard leaves in and cook until they wilt.
- Finally add the cheese and cook until just warmed.
- Next, prepare your pastry. Brush your pastry tin with the butter and carefully add a sheet of filo. Brush the inside of the sheet, add another and repeat until you have three or four layers.
- Squeeze as much filling in your case as you can and fold the layers of pastry over- brushing each layer with more butter as you go.
- Pop it in to the oven for about 20 minutes until golden.
Seriously, will the courgette glut ever end?!